Human Resources AssociateFTA
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files;
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and arranging preliminary interviews;
- Assists in the recruitment of affiliate workforce
- Briefs staff on general administrative matters relating to visas, licenses, security; provides advice and ensures administrative support as required;
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administers the movement of staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of stationary order;
- Assists in processing and preparation of requisition of equipment and services for the Office;
- Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility;
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also coordinate activities related with activities concerned with office maintenance, security, transport and similar services
- Provides interpretation of administrative and human resources rules, regulations and procedures;
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data;
- Assists in the preparation of up-to-date distribution of staffing data and keeps track of vacancies, draft memorandum for hiring TA( Temporary Appointment) staff and Affiliate workforce (consultants, interns, UNOPS and other short-term personnel), including preparation and processing of related documentation and coordinates processing of human resources issues with respective offices in Headquarters or other Offices when needed;
- Takes follow up action with Representation Office staff for timely completion of performance evaluation reports of all Representative Office’s staff;
- Assists in preparing administrative budget and staffing for annual submissions and reviews;
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary Education, courses and or/training in business administration, human resources or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years relevant job experience;
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written);
- Flexibility and ability of work as part of a multi-cultural team;
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Providing HR Advice and Guidance
- Recruitment & Vacancy Management
- Personnel Administration
- Drafting Reports/Correspondence
- Providing General Clerical/Admin. Support & Advice
- Political and Organizational awareness
Cross-Functional and Managerial Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Managing Resources
Submission of Applications
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians and Non-Ethiopians with a valid work permit from Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should complete a motivation letter and the new updated P11 History Form through the online application system.
Candidates will be required to sit for a test.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an Indefinite or FTA appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.